Monday, July 16, 2007

Argh!



Seriously, I feel like it's getting worse and worse each day... I don't know how much more of this I can take. It's simply too stressful! I wonder when my brain will actually explode (or implode, I'm not too knowledgeable on brain combustion processes). I've never been this busy before! At least, I don't think I've ever been this busy before. It's just a whole, jumbled up, confused bunch of deadlines (when they mean dead, they really do mean dead)... One day I'm just gonna go running off into the sunset, screaming and pulling my hair out as I go.

Today I received the keys to my new room in my college. I've officially moved from a double occupancy room to a single occupancy one. Official in the sense that my name's on the room registration list as 'single occupancy'. I'm still in the same apartment though, which is a good thing, because my friends cum coursemates cum uni lepak kakis are also my housemates. And yes, I've also gotten quite used to the view from the verandah of the sitting (or is it seating) room. The first thing I did was open the door of my new room and I think I remember thinking what a clean room it was. Not quite as much mess as I thought it would have. And it looks a wee bit bigger than the other single rooms that I've seen, too. Wee, as in maybe a couple of centimetres extra width. Then I opened the windows and was rather pleased to feel the wind in my face. It's something we worry about quite frequently up here - ventilation. I wasn't too pleased however, with the lighting of the room. Frankly I found it a little too bright and sunny for my nocturnally-inclined tastes. Like, how am I gonna sleep with the sun shining in my face? Then I proceeded to borrow a broom and sweep up (clean up) the room to the best of my abilities, which really isn't anything to brag about. Then I took a cloth and tried to mop whatever surfaces I could. Mind you, my housekeeping skills are so bad it's almost comical. I managed to take a 45-minute nap, only to wake up with a shock and a bad headache. It was the sun shining on my head that brought about the headache. And it felt so stuffy and unbreathable! Surely they must be something that can be done? Gotta go check out the Human Rights Memorandum or something. But still, make no mistake about it, I'm quite satisfied with my room. Let's see whether I actually get to discipline myself into staying in it. The last semester saw me staying in for less than 2 weeks out of the already-paid-for 14 weeks.

Had 3 classes today. The 2nd class was really short, so a few friends and I were able to have a leisurely lunch at Siang Siang. I waited almost 30 minutes to have the nasi tomato. Basically, it's rice (I requested for the nasi ayam kinda rice), a real juicy chicken wing and some other part I can't quite recognise, and a generous helping of their specially-concocted tomato-ish gravy. It's the gravy that keeps me coming back, I'll tell you that. I'll see if I can snap some pictures. It'll have you salivating upon your keyboard. Then of course, we had a couple of hours to spare until the next class, so that's when we returned to the college and I managed to 'clean up' my room a bit.

All this stress is getting to me. I can't seem to inject my humour into my writing anymore. That's sad news. I've gotta find some way to re-locate my humour. I miss it. It makes for some really boring blog entries. Sigh. The way I see it, the only way is for me to quit/withdraw/lessen my involvement in certain activities. Been thinking about it since yesterday, and hard as it may seem, and as heartbreaking as it may be, I see no other option. Something's gotta give, and it's definitely not gonna be my sanity, or my free time, or my time spent hanging out at home. Stay tuned for more updates, that's all I'm gonna say for now.

Here's to (hopefully) more cheers in the future.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hang in there..

you can do it!


....anyways...home still ain't too far to run for sanctuary..

1. remember God
2. priorities
3. acknowledge ur limit

Anonymous said...

Don't worry Esther, i guess all TESLians go through that "critical period"...wait till you reach the climax (4th year 1st Sem).....then you'll let go of everything in 4th Year 2nd Sem... Hehehe...

After that, it's FREEDOM once more...


But before that, stay strong! :)

EScetera said...

Thanks to you both for the kind words of motivation and encouragement...

Cheers!