Tuesday, August 05, 2008

It feels like the weekend!

Simply because I don't have classes on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

You guys are probably turning green with envy right at this moment, but really, I have Tuesdays and Wednesdays off. It's been great so far, although my classes on Mondays and Thursdays are literally from morning till night. It's worth it though, being able to relax on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Somehow the schedule worked out alright this semester. I remember previous semesters, when I would kinda just sigh and wistfully listen as my seniors would tell me their schedules - most of them had at least a day where there were no classes at all. My coursemates and I, we waited and waited eagerly, clinging on to our dreams as the semesters went quickly by, but no, we never had a day off in all the past six semesters. Until this semester, where we get pay-back time! Muahahahaha! But there's always a negative side to everything, and having a mid-week weekend means that it's harder to work on group assignments. I suppose if I were living on campus it wouldn't be a problem at all, but the thing is I live off-campus, which makes having group discussions and stuff really difficult. So far it's been not too bad. My group, we've kinda gotten used to the idea of divide-and-conquer, which basically means we break up the workload into individual components and just work our best on those, then much closer to the dateline (deadline?) we compile everything together, edit the work, and pass it up. We usually end up getting quite generous marks, so I suppose it's a case of whatever works best.

Anyway, today 5 of my coursemates and I paid a visit to a school. Like I mentioned yesterday, it's part of a course that we're taking this semester, where one of the assignments/projects is going to a school and conducting a guidance/counselling-based program (cos the course is based on guidance and counselling). So we went to that school, and we basically went into some pre-determined classes and conducted a motivational session. We were aiming to encourage them to see English as a fun and cool thing, kinda like trying to get them interested and excited about using the language. I just hope they really did learn something. I'm just glad it's over. I hope we won't have to visit anymore schools. It's really quite tiring. Not to mention quite troublesome and stressful. Of course, this means I'll probably be out of a job.

That's all folks. Till next time, cheers!

1 comment:

triShie said...

you have TWO full days off??
you're spoilt!!
i never had that..in ANY of my semesters.... and we also had hectic schedules still!! insane..

unfair.