My first impression of the shop was that it looked pretty much like any other shop selling western food, as in they had the usual countertop with the kitchen behind, the typical faux wood tables and chairs, and the worn-out menus and staff. At least this place was air-conditioned. The food was relatively cheap though: I ordered the baked fettucine carbonara with cheese (RM8.50), tomato soup (RM4.50) and a can of Coke (RM2). I waited, not expecting much. When the food arrived I was pleasantly surprised. Very pleasantly surprised. The tomato soup came with two pieces of garlic bread, but these ones were very thick and not overly toasted/burnt, so it didn't feel like you were just munching on sawdust (like some of the other more popular shops selling similar food). The Coke, well, it's just your usual can of Coke. But the pasta, now that's what I call quality! It was, for lack of a better word, simply fantastic! The portions were generous, the sauce was tasty and creamy, and the texture of the pasta was perfect, still al dente (some cooks here boil pasta until it becomes a soggy mess because they think al dente pasta equals uncooked pasta). Best of all, the cheese tasted like real cheese. I was very, very pleased with my meal. And like trishie says, 15 bucks for 3 dishes (counting the Coke) is really worth your money.
So here are some shots of the night. This one here is of trish waiting patiently for her food to arrive... She always has the best facial expressions:

And the pictures below are obviously of my can of Coke, tomato soup with garlic bread, and fantastic fettucine carbonara:


I am definitely planning on going back to that place, at least once more before I have to leave for my further studies. Which only leaves one thing left for me to say: So, dear buddies of mine, when are we going again? Cheers people!
3 comments:
heeyyyy, that pic of me looks like i'm holding a mump!!
No lar, it doesn't look like you have the mumps! I posted this one up cos I thought your facial expression was very interesting! :)
hahahahah!!!...*pengsan*
Post a Comment