Thursday, December 31, 2009

Porridge for New Year's Eve!

I cooked up something special for my dinner today:

It's really very simple. Pre-cooked rice, a couple of fish slices (cut to shreds), a couple of eggs, half a stick of celery, and a few coriander stalks. And of course, for added flavour, some oyster sauce, margarine, salt, MSG and lots of pepper. I think I might be getting a bit better at this cooking thingy. These days I find I don't have to consistently taste my food while I'm cooking, I just add in whatever it is I want (including the oh-so-important salt and pepper) and only taste it after it's out of the pot and in a bowl. Previously, if I didn't keep tasting while I was cooking, everything would be overly salty or too bland. These days everything tastes just nice. I think I'll call this dish Eggy Fish Porridge with Celery and Coriander.

Happy New Year's Eve, everyone.

3 comments:

triShie said...

thanks for sharing!!!
and have a wicked new year, es! i know u will...

EScetera said...

LoL trishie! I never meant for my blog to become a food blog, I just don't know what happened along the way! I suppose it's cos there's nothing really to blog about these days... except food.

Cynthia said...

margarine in porridge?? u added margarine in ur porridge???