Monday, February 08, 2010

4 days to go!

I can't believe the count is now down to single digits! It's been 9 days since I last blogged, and much has happened. Like last Tuesday (2nd February) when I successful perfumed open nanak surgery. And I collected my new pair of very serious-looking spectacles. And I've finally got a place to live: I'll be staying on-campus, at International House (they ran out of catered rooms, so I've got a room with a kitchenette, where I'll be able to cook for myself).

And as this is the last week I'll be here in Kuching, I've had a couple of so-called 'farewell dinners' with some friends. Like yesterday, when it started with a mini road trip, 5 of us giggly girls in a car. Plenty of laughs and pictures along the way, of course.

Then we headed to this new steamboat place I'd never been to called Swan Teem Steamboat, and it was honestly one of the best steamboats I've had! There were fantastic pieces of lamb, and squid, and prawns and crabs, and egg, and one of the best-tasting fried rices. I even managed to stir-fry some lettuce-like green vegetable (I don't know what it's actually called).

Then tonight I went to Hartz Chicken Buffet with my buddies, and man, that was another round of overeating! I must have had 4 or 5 glasses of Coke, and there was fried chicken and pasta and fried fish fillets and potatoes-in-their-jackets and hot-and-spicy soup and the best of all was the fried squid rings! Yummy!

And now, as I sit here contemplating the next few days (while nursing a cold glass of tomato juice), I realize I've still got so much to do, and so little time left! There's simply not enough time! I'm just hoping I finish packing my clothes tomorrow, and I'm hoping to clean up my room. That's make me feel much better, as if I've accomplished something, y'know? So here's hoping procrastination and laziness doesn't get the better of me, and that'll be 2 things off my checklist of things to do before I leave. Cheers, people!

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

esther, skip the pasta, potatoes with jackets, chips and anything western...u will miss asian food a lot and particularly malaysian food...stuff urself with all the laksa, gu bak mee, belachan beehoon, kedondong, nasi lemak, kolok mee etc..u can't find it in aus...and if u can find any of the mentioned msian food, it taste horrible..gosh..how dare the people in aus advertised their food as authentic malaysian food when in actual it is NOT AUTHENTIC at all...

EScetera said...

Hahaha, Cynthia, I smiled when I read your reply! I'm not that into kolo mee and all, but I'll really miss Sarawak laksa and curry rice!!!! And the best belachan beehoon I know can't be found in any shop in Kuching - it's made by a friend's mother, and she only cooks belachan beehoon during CNY!!!! I'll have to wait a whole year to taste the beautiful, intoxicating flavours of an authentic belachan beehoon! T_T

EScetera said...

Oi Cynthia! Bila you nak start blogging ni?