

The ferry ride was simply amazing! The wind in your hair, the sun on your face, the smell and feel of the water as the engines whip up the foam... Yeah, you end up with messy hair and sunburn and droplets of water on your precious camera, but it was still a pretty fun ride. We snapped lotsa pictures too. I tried - unsuccessfully - to take pics of myself with the Opera House and the Sydney Harbour Bridge, but my head got in the way of the background scenery, so I'll prolly have to go back there with a friend who will specifically take pictures of me. I managed to take pics of my friends though.





Watsons Bay is beautiful! It's like this little peaceful village surrounded by water, and I was so excited when we stepped off the ferry. Immediately it feels like it's a different place, like some ancient civilization from a time far far away... okay, maybe not that dramatic, but still, it has the feel of a quaint little fishing enclave and you know what that feels like.











We took a hike along the South Head Heritage Trail (at least that's what I think it was), and we reached the peak of the cliff (was it a cliff?) and managed to see the Hornby Light (is that what it is? the red and white lighthouse thingy?) and that was pretty and all. The prettiest part was when we all just lounged on the grass and rocks overlooking the bay, now that was breathtakingly beautiful, tranquil and very sigh-inducing. I enjoyed lying down and just looking up at the vast blue skies and listening to the waves crashing against the rocks below.

















Then it was time for lunch, and we went to this cafe/restaurant place (a part of it's on stilts over the water!) called Doyles Fishermans Wharf and I had the fish and chips, 2 pieces of fish with a generous portion of fat chips (couldn't finish it!), and that was AUD$11.80, and apparently they don't give you the tartare sauce for free, so a small tub of that was a dollar extra. If you squint at the picture of the menu close enough you'll see that it says "all fish meals golden fried in beer batter using premium vegetable oil & served with chips, lemon & Doyles own chilli plum sauce"... The premium vegetable oil must have been really topnotch. It was yummy yummy yum! Meredith, Nav and myself sat inside the restaurant (I think we were sitting over the water) while Lisa, Su-Wen and Yu Ning sat outside and were attacked by half-starved crazy birds of prey. I looked out of the window and realised the view was fantastic, like something out of a postcard (my miserable photography skills might not make it look like a postcard, I know, but what I saw there in person was pretty magnificent). 





Then it was the ride back to Sydney, and we realised we didn't have a single group picture of all of us, so we managed to get two army guys to snap a couple of pictures of us on the ferry.

And that was that. What a fantastic day. I wanna go back again, but financially, I know that might not be possible. Still, Watsons Bay was a fantastic experience, and one I prolly won't forget anytime soon (unless of course I suddenly develop a drastic overnight case of amnesia, in which case I'll forget everything). But even if the memories fade, I'm sure the happy feelings associated with that day won't. And with that, cheers, people!
4 comments:
aren't you worry they serving you flake ( a type of shark) for your fish and chips??
i don't understand what you're hyping about.. you STILL look GOOD.. get that into ur system!!!! *breaks into a bolly-dance*
Cynthia: I think you're right, it could be shark, cos my dad told me that as well (he read it up on the website)... but it still tasted good! ;)
trishie: Thanks for that vote of confidence, trishie, but me still feels bad about meself. T_T
haha..if you detect strong fishy smell in your fish and chips then, it's defintely flake..flake is super cheap compare to other fish..
back in msia, they use shark meat to make salted fish..hmmm..salted fish with a squeeze of lime and chilly..
Post a Comment