Meet the Pet Companions!
This is Olive:
And this is Durian:
I worried that Pet Potato would feel rather lonely sitting by himself in the garden (he can get pretty emo, especially when it rains at night), so I decided to give him some friends.
Olive isn't actually an olive, since it's really a dabai or kana plant (scientific name: canarium odontophyllum). They're commonly called tropical olives though, since they look like olives and all. To be even more neurotic and exacting with the whole name-giving process, Olive shouldn't even be called Olive, since there are four seeds, but the name Olives (plural) sounds weird so I'm just sticking to Olive (singular). I think she's happy with that. As for Durian, well, pretty self-explanatory: Durian is Durian because it's a durian seed, and there's only one of him.
They're all basking in the sun in their matching blue porcelain pots as I'm typing this.
I hope you're happy now, Pet Potato.





No comments:
Post a Comment