Friday, December 07, 2012

Pet Potato: Day 86

Wow. Day 86. Have that many days passed since Pet Potato first came to be? I still remember when Pet Potato was still just a... well, potato.

I dug the Pet Companions up the other day and disappointment greeted me. Durian had split its hard exterior and was spewing the contents of its rotten innards. And no, I did not take any pictures of that because it's just plain gross. Olive, on the other hand, was so shy she refused to come out of her shell. Literally. This meant two things: one, I would have to throw Durian out (rotten!) and two, I would have to help Olive along (shy!).

Remember Pet Potato's new playmate from a few days ago? He seems to be doing well, like really really well, so he's taking over Durian's home, and I'm calling him Apple because he's a seedling from a tree in our garden that bears what looks like miniature apples or something like that. I managed to locate quite a few other similar seedlings as well, so Apple the new Pet Companion has some pet companions of his own.


Olive is still Olive, but I replaced those old seeds with fresher ones, and cracked them open with the help of a mortar and pestle. That should help with the sprouting, no?


Pet Potato's doing amazing, in case you're wondering. Taller, bigger leaves, sprouting more branches left and right, sending his roots all over the place.



Pet Potato's a friendly chap, and I'm sure he'll get along just fine with his new old friends.


Stay happy and green, Pet Potato!

No comments: