Saturday, September 14, 2013

Shabu One, Lot 10

The Fam were in KL early last month, and we visited this steamboat place called Shabu One for dinner. Steamboat restaurants are different from state to state, apparently. Here in Kuching, they're pretty miserable affairs, with limited choices and cheapo cuts of meat. For similar prices, you get literal feasts in KL and Penang. Like in Shabu One.

You get seafood. Fat, juicy prawns. Crabs that look fresh enough to grab at you with their pincers. Strange creations called fish noodles that are basically fish paste in the shape of noodles.


You've got the usual raw meat and vegetable section, only here, the sheer variety is mind-boggling. And if you're lazy and don't feel like grilling your own meat, they have a little station where some workers grill salted beef strips for you!


They also have a sauce station, where you can mix up your own dip from the range of sauces and spices and oils and condiments available. They have a section for desserts like fruit and jellies and syrupy stuff.


They even have a tootin' grilling machine just to grill little fat sausages! How cool is that?


But did I stuff my face with the seafood, the meat, the vegetables, the soupy ingredients, the ice-cream, the desserts, the sausages? No. What did I eat then, what caught my fancy?

SUSHI.


They have tootin' SUSHI!!!!


Thinking back, 70% of my dinner that night must have been sushi. I couldn't take much of the soup, especially as the first mouthful was so potently spicy that I nearly choked. The sushi made my dinner that day.


The guy at the sushi booth was really nice, and he said I could go ahead with the photo-taking. Mind you, it wasn't just one quick snap, but many repetitive ones. Thank you, Nice Sushi Guy, for letting me take those pictures. Now I get to put them on my blog! 

No comments: