Saturday, December 16, 2006

Finally 21!

Wow... I almost can't believe it. I'm actually, really, truly, finally 21! Phew! It's such a great relief to be finally here... All day long two days ago (which by the way, if you haven't already known, was actually my birthday), I kept getting all these sms-es telling me stuff like "Welcome to the 21 club!" or "Congrats on reaching 21!" and other similar patterns... So I was, like, thinking, right... What's so great about being 21? I mean, it's only just another number, right? Well, not really, I guess. It's supposed to be this really big thing lar... And I'm really glad! Something's currently very wrong with my Pendrive, so I can't post any pictures here, but once I actually do get it reformatted (or something like that), I'll post up some pictures of the gifts I've received in conjunction with me reaching the adulthood crossroads and driving fast speed right through it.

One of my most treasured birthday presents is a book my dad bought for me. We bought it on my birthday itself. We went to the Times Bookshop at night, and I chose the book myself - Stephen King's Firestarter. I actually read the book many years back, when I was still comparatively younger and all, when my dad brought it home one day. To say that I voraciously devoured the book would be one of the greatest understatements of all time. I simply fell more or less in love with the book. I mean, the plot - it's simply fabulous! There are almost no words to describe the book. So why did I choose it as my present if I've already read it, you're asking? Because, like I've said just a few sentences ago, I really do like the book a lot. I mean, I've been searching almost everywhere these past few years for the book, just hoping, y'know, if I saw it maybe I could buy it and all... But I never did quite see it lying around... And now I have the book! Muahahahaha! It's really mine now! Teeheeheehee! I'm so happy! It's simply beautiful, I tell you! I just started reading (or rather, re-reading) the book today, and I'm ever so careful with the handling of its precious pages... Turning the page oh-so-tenderly, taking precious care not to wreck/tear/fold its oh-so-precious binding and page corners... Muahahahaha! I'm really just so happy! Almost to the point of delirium, eh?

Well, that's it from me for now... Thanks to everyone for the birthday sms-es, messages, greetings, and presents. I really do appreciate it! It's been a fantabulous birthday for me, and I hope when I'm older, my brain cells and memory banks won't fail me, and I'd still be able to look back to this year and say to my grandkids: "Ah... Now that was a great 21st birthday to remember!"

Cheers.

5 comments:

Victoria Bong said...

Belated Birthday 2u! Belated Birthday 2u! Belated Birthday 2 ESTHER!! HAAAAAAPPPPPPYYY BEEEEELLLAAAAAATTTEEEEED BBBBIIRRTHHHDDDDDAAAAAAAAAYYYY TOOOOOOOOOO UUUUUUUUUU!!!!

Here's a long wish 2u, just hope you'll remember this wish LOOOOONNNGGG too!

ESTHER'S FINALLY A GROWNUP! ESTHER'S FINALLY A WACKY+HUMOUROUS GROWNUP!
yEH! yEH!

Esther, no stop be joyful k? Your face owez look happy happy one very nice lar? Eccentric nevermind one--very CUTE mar!HOH?

*(OK, that's it for my PHUA CHU KANGLISH Lesson)...KEHKEHKEHKEH!!!HIAKHIAKHIAKHIAKHIAK! WAHAHAHAHAH!! SEE, CAN'T STOP LAUGHING WHEN I READ YOUR BLOG!

m

Anonymous said...

U know what, when I was your age (about 3 years ago) my friends and family were so poor that the only thing I got on my birthday was a year older. :)

P/s: Didn't u you're King's fan 2. Great book u have there, one i would treasure for life as well. :p

EScetera said...

Victoria: LoL! Glad to see you back in the blogging world again! And thanks for the birthday song, muahahahaha!

Keeman: Yeah, I like Firestarter, although I haven't been able to read most of his books... Only read a few.

Anonymous said...

You're welcome

EScetera said...

*grins*