Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Memory pieces...

Well. I guess this is it. It's approximately 8.15 pm now. Another 3 hours and 45 minutes to the 14th of December, 2006. What's so special about this date? Because it is on this historical date, people, that Esther Voon will finally hit the big 21, forever leaving behind the digits 1 to 20 as she continues bravely onwards (really?) on the road of adulthood, marching onwards to more and more digits as the years continue to fly quickly by... Right?

Wrong!

Esther shall always be Esther, however old she may be! Even when Esther's digits have hit 99, Esther shall still be tearing around the Christmas tree, shrieking with glee and scaring her grandchildren with her clumsy hops and skips, muahahahaha! So like it or not, people, Esther shall always be Esther. *grins*

But honestly though, looking back on all those childish years (they say 21 year olds are officially adults, eh?), I can't help but wonder where it all went. Looking back, I wonder if there was anything I could have changed? The answer is definitely. But then again, those are just memory pieces now. Yup, memory pieces. Why memory pieces? Why have I titled my blog entry this time to be 'Memory Pieces'? LoL! I started listening to some of Jerry Yan's songs, and there's oe song of his that I like very much, and it's called 'Memory Pieces', and I kinda thought, yeah, it'll be a nice title for a blog entry, don't you think? Anyway, it's really very apt, y'know. Memory pieces. They really are memory pieces. Pieces from our past, treasured and stored in our memory chests, onew which from time to time, we take out and flip through. Pieces from our past, great chunks reminiscent of a great childhood past (or in my case, a constant childhood, like it or not, teehee!).

Enough of all this philosophical melancholy. I'm a happy person. I'm a funny person. So far this blog entry has been neither. Moving on...

Last night, three of my great church buddies - Trish, Cassie, and Evelette - came over to my house at approximately 7.45 pm. They'd planned it kinda as a surprise thingy, so when I saw them, yeah. So we had like an impromptu birthday celebration thingy, right there in my house. They even came bearing gifts! For little ole me! Muahahahaha! Thanks you guys! I really do appreciate you three coming over like that, and taking the effort to drive over with food and drinks and all. And thanks to the other two guys who contributed to the gifts. I love the pressies you all! *big grin*

Maybe turning 21 isn't quite so bad after all... I mean, there are a few benefits that come with officially being granted 'adult' status. Right off the top of my head, I can think of a few ideas:

(1) Getting a really big 4-wheel drive and driving amok through town, screaming hysterically at the top of my little lungs, and blaming it all on stress from the workplace, the toot-ing boss, the highly competitive colleagues, the overload of work projects... I mean, only adults suffer from work pressure, right?

(2) Getting arrested for driving a really big 4WD through town and screaming hysterically at the top of my little lungs... I mean like, if I weren't an adult, I won't even be able to be arrested, right? I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but the young escape with everything, so this time, I won't be able to escape, right?

(3) Getting free lodging, food, and company for a few nights, compliments of the city council jail for running amok, screaming at the top of my little lungs through town. I mean, how many youngsters can boast of this, huh?

Boy, being an adult sure is fun. So here's to me hitting the big 21 tomorrow...

"Happy Birthday to ME,
Happy Birthday to ME,
Happy Birthday to Esther...
Happy Birthday to ME!"
P.S. How many people do you know who actually go all out to write themselves their very own birthday tributes eh? And how many people do you know who actually go out and sing to themselves a Happy Birthday? I'm really 'special', eh? End of P.S.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

esther,
you're the HUMBLEST person i noe...
SO nice to know someone like YOU...

EScetera said...

I know...

Glad you all finally noticed that...

Aren't I just the humblest person on planet Earth?

Aw, it's alright, you guys... Don't have to tell me I'm a genius...

I already know that.

Anonymous said...

Though i'm not that close with you...i would agree that you're really down to earth, which is a good quality of course. :)

Happy Birthday Esther, all the best in everything.

Anonymous said...

A Birthday Poem 4 the Crazy Sophomore
---------------------------

This is a poem for the crazy sophomore,
A nice lady who you couldn't complain more,
As words must be our medium, a poem,
Poems being inner portraits out on loan.

Happy birthday to a special friend!
Although I haven't known you many years,
Perhaps because we're in our own world spending our cheers,
Pleasure reigns as I these greetings send,
Your happiness should last till all things end.

To you I send a hope for happiness
Hedged with roses bristling in the wind,
Doing double duty for their mistress
As sentinels against the tricks of mind,
Yet luring well the love that makes life kind.

EScetera said...

Wow, that's great, Keeman! Thanks so much! And triShie... See? Keeman says I'm really down to earth! See people? Aren't I the BEST?

Anonymous said...

[zip]

my mouth, that is..

EScetera said...

Muahahahahaha!

Esther WINS again!


Esther 378
Trish -2

Anonymous said...

so?

EScetera said...

"So?"

So I WIN lar!

Anonymous said...

see...

....ego....

EScetera said...

Did you ever realize the uniqueness behind the word "ego"?

E = Esther
G = Great
O = One

Which gives you Esther, the Great One...

Or you could have

E = Esther
G = Genius
O = One

Which, of course, explains much about my oh-so-wonderful mental capabilities...

So, yes, if you meant ego as in any one of the above contexts, then yes, I am ego. Muahahahaha!

Victoria Bong said...

Wow, some freakingly interesting comments I read here...ESTHER..O...ESTHER...Cheers to your uniquely cheerful, rambunctious personality!!! (*Hmmm...wonder what that does to your Humility???? Hrmmmmm....*STILL PONDERING* HEH heh Heh)

Man, and what great wit and humour you have-I've actually came out with a formula that describes the funny part of you:

wit+cute-ness+Humour+sarcastic humour=ESTHER VERY FUNNY ONE

Y'know, on average, according to my most accurate calculations based to the VictoriaLaughaboutandburp Scale, I must have laughed at least 6 times for each entry you wrote! *GO ROCK ESTHER!!!* And don't stop blogging...

I made that mistake once...dunno when I'll blog again- just didn't feel like blogging anymore.

BTW, here's a second belated 21st Birthday wish to u! Yeah, sure hope dear Esther, funny Esther, will always be the Esther I know even when you hit the 100-yr-old mark!

Cheerio! : )

EScetera said...

To quote an article from the great International Victoria Board of Blog Reviews:

I must have laughed at least 6 times for each entry you wrote! - IVBBR

And when the EVSHCNN (EVSH Channel News Network) interviewed the blogger of the aforesaid blog MyLifeAsACrazySophomore, this is what the great Esther said:

"Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it... When anybody who reads my blog laughs, one of its main objectives has been achieved... Yes again, I say thank you!"

Muahahahaha!