Friday, May 04, 2007

What's up?

I find it kinda strange. Logically, you would think that with all the assignments, exams, and overall busy-chaos schedule of university life, I'd be too busy to blog. But then you visit my blog and you see that I practically update with a new entry every day or so. Funny thing is, now that I'm temporarily free from all academic activities, I have some trouble blogging regularly. I find that somewhat ironic. Now, it's like i'm too busy being free to blog! How strange is that? It's like, suddenly I'm overwhelmed with just so many things to do!

Anyway, to skip the oh-so-near-philosophical tendencies that I tend to wax lyrical about, here's a general update on what's been going on since my release from prison on Monday (4 days ago):

Monday, 30th April. '2007
I slept really late the previous night, approximately 5am I think, just plain cramming last-minute stuff into my limited brain space. I'd set the alarm for 1pm (y'know, the logic being setting aside 8 hours for my sleep) but I ended up waking up at 10am! So then I rushed to uni and sat for my final paper. I thought that, like all the previous papers, I'd be able to complete the paper in 1 hour. But due to the conditions of the paper, I had to write real fast until the time was up. Then FREEDOM! I drove down to the Selection store at Tabuan Desa and did some grocery shopping. Bought spinach fettucine, butter, milk, chicken stock, button mushrooms, and bread. Dumped these all into the Jeep for safekeeping, then joined some of my coursemates for dinner at the KFC branch there. Then at approximately 7pm, I drove home and had a good rest. At about 10pm, got deposited off to my buddy triShie's house, where we cooked up a real good creamy mushroom soup and some pasta.

Tuesday, 1st May. '2007 and Wednesday, 2nd May. '2007
Frankly, I'm a little bit messed up in my head about what happened during this two days. That's usually what happens to me during holidays. I somehow lose track of time. I do, however, remember having lunch at the KFC branch at Rock Road with triShie, then in the evening another buddy of mine returned from East Timor. It's great to have you back, Vivian! A group of us had a really delicious welcome-back dinner, then it was a browse around town.

Thursday, 3rd May. '2007
Ah, this one I do remember. I woke up about 9am and joined triSh and Vivian for lunch at Singapore Chicken Rice. In the evening, they picked me up and it was dinner, then going to Star Cineplex to watch Spiderman III. It was real good! One of my favourite scenes was when Peter Parker became 'bad' and he was strutting and dancing down the streets! It was hilarious and so cute! I think James Franco stole the scene though, with that great grin of his. Go watch this movie, people! Recommended by ME! Muahahahaha!

Which brings us all the way to today, Friday! One of the funniest things that happened during the past week or so was eating pasta 5 days in a row! Here, let me just prove it to you guys:

(1) Friday, 27th April. '2007 - Had Pesto Cheese Sauce Fettucine at Peach Garden but didn't manage to snap any pictures.

(2) Saturday, 28th April. '2007 - My mom cooked some linguine to go with her pasta sauce:

(3) Sunday, 29th April. '2007 - This time my mom cooked some spinach fettucine to go with the sauce. Is your stomach growling yet?


(4) Monday, 30th April. '2007 - triShie and I cooked this up somewhere near midnight:

(5) Tuesday, 1st May. '2007 - Another special concoction of ours. It's spaghetti & meatballs!


And there you have it! 5 pasta dishes in 5 days! A personal best! Muahahahahahaha!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

*dun make me throw up....*

EScetera said...

LoL!

Yeah, I know what you mean. Frankly, whenever I think back to what we cooked up... Blergh! I get this sudden urge to throw up... But now it's better. The reaction isn't so bad anymore. I guess maybe I could manage a plate or two of pasta in the classic carbonara style... Sigh.