Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Gimme back my Heroes!



What do you do when they leave you with a season finale cliffhanger that hints at the death of two of your favourite characters?

Yes, people, that's right. Last night, I finally managed to download the season finale of the hit TV series Heroes, and I spent close to two hours watching the last two episodes. Of course, as each episode only runs for approximately 45 minutes, that should logically make up to 1 hour and 30 minutes of staring at my laptop screen, but knowing me, I had to pause, rewind, and replay certain parts over and over again just to satisfy me need for knowing each and every minute detail of the show.

And what's my conclusion of the season finale?

My heart almost broke at the end. I was quite devastated, and I literally sat there with my mouth open and my eyes quite watery. I mean, look - how could they actually kill off Nathan and Peter Petrelli? Mind you, I won't have minded so much if they had killed of say, any two of the other heroes. But did they have to kill off my favourites? Why? These two characters represented the strength of brotherly love in challenging times, and despite of their many differences, they still stood strong by each other's side. My heart was aching when Nathan Petrelli swooped in from above in his flying-man stance, and landed with all gracefulness in between a gun-toting Claire Bennet and a radiation-emitting Peter. And then Nathan said those three words to answer the question of whether there was any other way to stop an exploding man: "Yes, there is." What follows is a tear-jerking dialogue between Nathan and Petrelli. It's really too painful to watch. You guys go watch if for yourself. All I'm saying is that it's one of the most moving and touching scenes I've seen so far. And when Nathan flies up into the sky with Peter in his arms, and as the sky explodes (hinting at their deaths), please don't be surprised if you find a few tears rolling down your cheeks.

It's just too heartbreaking too watch, really.

Kudos to Adrian Pasdar and Milo Ventimiglia for such superb acting, playing out the roles of Nathan and Peter Petrelli to sweet perfection respectively. Of course, I'm hoping that the next season's pilot reveals that both of them are alive and well, through maybe some little known and long-forgotten power that either might have hidden up their sleeves. I know a lot of fans out there agree with me too. The Petrelli brothers are just too good to be gotten rid off that easily.

As for me, another suspense-filled dillemna is what's left for me to ponder upon. What do you do when two of your favourite characters on TV are killed off?

Simple answer, really.

You wait for the next season.

Waiting patiently, cheers!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i SO dread the next season..

Anonymous said...

....but, yeah. i did feel kinda scared in POTC when i thought they were going to kill Will.... =p

Anonymous said...

whereas LOTR, no fear, darling... the graceful and wonderful elf would NEVER - i repeat, NEVER....die..

Anonymous said...

OOOOOOooooo..how bout Faramir?

honestly, i wouldn't like to see him die too..

EScetera said...

Grrrrrrr...

Did I mention anything about Will?
Did I mention anything about Legolas?
Did I mention anything about Faramir?

No.
No.
NO.

But that's cool.

I still enjoy reading your comments.

Sniff.

Sniff sniff.

But why did you have to mention Faramir dying?

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh!!!!!

Anonymous said...

for you:

FREEDOM of SPEECH

..ppphhbbbttt!!!!

EScetera said...

Blergh