Sunday, July 15, 2007

Officially a Junior!

No, I didn't go back to the first year to become a 'junior'. What I meant, rather, was that I'm now officially a 3rd year undergraduate at university... 'Cause like, that's what they call 3rd year undergraduates in American varsities, right? Like, the first year kids are called freshmen, then the 2nd years are sophomores, and the 3rd and 4th are juniors and seniors, which means I'm a Junior in the sense of my 3rd year in uni, and not junior as in the sense of being inferior. Get my drift? So it's official! I'm a 3rd year Junior (which is redundant, but who cares...)!

My first week in uni was terrible. I mean, really. Plain horrible. So much work. It's like they think we love studying. Like they think we have nothing better to do in our free time. Which we don't, but still... You get my drift, I'm sure. The workload is mind-boggling. Here's how it goes:

Monday - start class 8am, last class ends at 5pm
Tuesday - first class 9am, last class ends 5pm
Wednesday - class begins at 8am, last class ends at 1pm, but got club activities whole afternoon
Thursday - first class 8am, last class 5pm
Friday - class starts at 2.30pm
Saturday pengsan!

See what I mean? I just wanna cry and rip my hair out or something.

On the upside, there's a brand new Coffee Bean-based restaurant in Unimas. The prices are quite expensive, and the food portions quite controversial, but then again that's a blog entry for another day...

Cheers (I think...)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hhhhmmmm.....

Unimas gets Coffee Bean.

Swinburne gets Starbucks.


like.....wow


[grinz]

EScetera said...

Kuching Airport!

When?

Anonymous said...

dunno man...

you sound crazily busy...will have to go along with ur timetable.. [and mine] starting soon in about 2-3weeks....

and ouch! we gotta find C-A-S-H!!

Anonymous said...

I seriously think McD or KFC should be allowed in UNIMAS campus....they'll make big bucks!

:) Besides, "poor" undergrads can always work part-time to pay those fees! :)
Now, that's what we called developing Human Capital!! Hahahaha

EScetera said...

Hi guys!

triShie: Yes, I am 'crazily busy'... LoL! Y'know, I think at the end of this year, after my finals, I might really go a wee bit crazy... You know... Freedom from exams and all. But until then, all I can do is dream and siiiiiiigh...

Keeman: McD McD McD McD! I want McD! But you know, on second thoughts it's a good thing there's no McD branch in the immediate vicinity... Or I'd really go loony and like, camp out there at all hours of the day (and night). I might even quit uni to work at McD...

LoL! Thanks for the comments you guys.