Monday, July 09, 2007

Where has all the time gone?

Two whole months are now behind me, marked off my calendar of events... Where has the time gone to? I want my holidays back! This has been one of my most productive holidays, where I spend quite a bit of time doing all sorts of useful and fun-filled stuff, but seriously, it all came and went so quickly...

Well, today marked the return to university life. Lectures haven't quite started yet, but today I drove up at about 10.45am to register at my faculty. Imagine my horror when I saw there was virtually no one around! Where's all the busy, chaotic havoc of registration? Did I get my registration dates wrong? Did an earthquake happened and there was a state of emergency alarm given out that I didn't know of? Where was everybody? Or something along those lines. Then, imagine my further horror when I met two seniors who told me the server was down and therefore registration had been postponed to later in the afternoon... Add to that the horror and annoyance I felt upon reading a notice which clearly stated that the registration would only take place at 2.15pm... Argh. At approximately 11.15 in the morning, the prospect of waiting 3 hours did not look in the least bit promising... Or entertaining.

So then I moved on to the next item on my agenda - shifting from a double occupancy room to a single occupancy one. I drove over to my college, visited the Pejabat Kolej, and enquired with the staff there. Imagine my ultimate horror when they told me that I had to fill up a form - a form! - which they would process somewhere in this week and post up for all the world to see. So, like, where do I stay in the duration of the form-processing thingy? Well, they handed me the keys to my old room. Oh well. I guess I'll just wait until they hand me the new keys before moving in. Like, why would I wanna move all my stuff into one room only to have to move it all out again to another room the following week? No thanks, I know it's a bit of a hassle, but I'll just wait. Patiently.

In the process of waiting for 2 o'clock to roll happily around, I had 2 cans of 100 Plus, 50 cents worth of sweets, and a plate of nasi goreng belachan. And to think I actully planned not to bring any moolah along. Seriously, in a place where TV is a rarity and your trusty laptop isn't with you, food becomes the next best source of entertainment. Yes, it's pathetic, I know. Tell that to all the other undergraduates in Unimas, and just wait to see them break down and cry.

Well, so at last the digital clock on my handphone hit 1400 hours, so I literally marched to the Jeep and drove back to my faculty. Would you believe me if I told you my own registration process thingy at the computer took less than 30 seconds?

Sigh.

All that just to confirm that: "Yes, Esther is back in university."

Cheers.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL!!

a good write....

so, now the entire college is gonna noe esther is moving out..

EScetera said...

LoL!

You had to say something like that, didn't you?

But still, good one.

MUahahahaha!

Anonymous said...

heeheehee

you better make sure they type it clearly on the notice that you're not moving out for good...

ps: saves the janitor all that false alarm of having to clear up after the party

EScetera said...

Hey...

What are you trying to say eh?

That I don't clean up after myself or something????

Hmmph!

Anonymous said...

YOU DO???

EScetera said...

Oooooooohhhh!



Est: Referee!
Ref: comes running up the field Yes?
Est: That was a punch below the belt!
Ref: Okay... blasts whistle RED CARD!


You're off the field!

Anonymous said...

that's right, baby!!

....run to mommy...




call me when you're old and brave enough to fight on ur own

EScetera said...

Looks at triShie's comment.


"POLIIIIIIIICE!!!! Somebody call the police!"


Hmmmmph.

Call only ah?

I can think of much worser things to do than call... Note the double emphasis.

So there.

Anonymous said...

was that ur best?

cos i sure wasn't moved to tears...

EScetera said...

LoL!

What's this trisH?

It's as if we don't bug each other enough in real life, that we have to resume online?

Question: How did a blog entry about my first day at uni end up in a case of threats and taunts?

=)

Anonymous said...

i guess its just like, u noe, expected...

its like...a trend

like, a trademark

or maybe just plain "es-is-so-bullyable"

=p

EScetera said...

Just 7 little words to cheer up your day:


Esther
is
not
THAT
easy
to
bully!

Anonymous said...

3 romantic words for you:

TRISH
DON'T
CARE



[grinz]

EScetera said...

Blergh.

Anonymous said...

pphhhhbbbbttttt!!