Saturday, August 25, 2007

At last!


I can't even remember the last time I watched a full-length Bollywood movie. So you can imagine how excited I felt when I saw in last Sunday's papers that Hamara Dil Aapke Paas Hai was gonna be aired today. Man, I almost counted down the days to today, I was so excited to watch the movie. Not that I haven't watched it before, I think I've watched it probably about a couple of times already, but too much of a good thing is never a bad thing, and this movie is A Good Thing (trying to mimic Martha Stewart here). This movie stars Anil Kapoor and Aishwarya Rai as its leads, and of course, I personally feel that any movie with any of these actors starring in it is always worth watching. The plot is quite good too, rather different from the 'usual' Bollywood plots you get. But I'd rather you guys checked it out on your own than me spoiling all the fun by reviewing it here. All I can say is that it's a great movie, and I would watch it all over again if I could. And I do actually try to watch it everytime it airs on national TV.

One thing I really like about watching Bollywood movies is its feel-good factor. I always feel nice and happy after watching Bollywood movies. Why? Perhaps because the movies almost always have a happy ending. You know, the guy and the girl always end up together by the end of 3 hours, no matter if they go through the worst predicaments throughout the other 2 hours and 59 minutes. I love happy endings. And the guy is always the charming, handsome, sweep-the-girl-off-her-feet kinda guy. And he can dance and sing too! I also think the world today lacks the kind of chivalry that you see quite often in Bollywood movies. The guy is always there to protect the girl, even to the point of beating up the people who hurt/taunt/tease/bully/injure her. I know some of you might say it's vicious and all, but I just find it really romantic and sweet... How many guys these days would actually do that for their girl eh? Most guys these days would probably just stand at the side and gawk if anyone were to hurt/taunt/tease/bully/injure his girl. Why can't this happen in real life eh? That's why I like Bollywood movies...

It always makes me smile.

Cheers!

2 comments:

triShie said...

Devdas: someone DID die without being reunited with his lover...

triShie said...

just wanted to tell you, i am glad you changed ur blog add. cos, it's short and simple, one that i can remember and access to anywhere....






whoa! did i just say that?