Thursday, August 09, 2007

Of all the ironies...

Most people go to the lecture hall to receive some form of education...

... I come to the lecture hall to receive Internet access.

Now you tell me, how ironic is that? Thing is, I've been so busy these days. You know what I mean... The usual rush with driving up and down, lectures, assignments... So like, the only free time I get these days is the time in-between classes, so I thought like, since so many people were doing it, I could just bring my laptop over together with my LAN cable and like, just surf around and check my email and update my blog every little chance I get. Killing two birds with one stone. Or rather, receiving an education and free Internet access with one university trip. Ironic, indeed.

As I'm typing this, about 20 of my own coursemates are somewhat staring at me, wondering what I'm doing up here on the stage with my laptop. I can see another friend snapping pictures with her camera. When she reads this, she'll probably grin or laugh. Another friend is about 3 metres away from me, sitting on the floor with his laptop and LAN cable too. A couple of friends are at the very back of the hall, standing around in this little conjoining room where they have the exit doors, and laughing at me as I type this. Oh yeah, the life of undergraduates. Ironic.

The average time I sleep each night is getting earlier and earlier as the weeks progress. It's not that I wanna sleep early or anything, it's just the fatigue and exhaustion getting to me. But I am getting somewhat used to the hectic schedule. I don't feel that sudden urge to scream anymore like I did in the first couple of weeks. Assignments are starting to pour in though. Soon I'll be wanting to scream my head off with all the lack of time and the rush of assignments.

I guess I should stop typing now. More and more coursemates are coming in, and soon this whole place will be packed with students. Don't want to be like the first thing they see as they walk in. Would be pretty traumatising for them to start class with me greeting them.

Cheers.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i can really see you sitting on the stage. and btw, why the stage? only there got signal for the Net? or, like, there's no other place in that hall deserving of you?

...no other place but the SPOTLIGHT?

EScetera said...

Blergh!

I know it's gonna be kinda disappointing, what with that overall image of fame and glamour you have of me, but the truth is the stage is the only place in that room where they've got the LAN cable input plug.

Bubble burst?

Anonymous said...

thanks, es....



.......now i know how my dinner looks like once it comes out from my front end....



[giggle]

EScetera said...

What? What? What?

What dinner?

Free ah?

Where?

=)

Anonymous said...

:lame:

EScetera said...

Who? Where? What?