Sunday, October 21, 2007

100th Blog Entry!

Would you believe it? I've finally reached my one hundredth blog entry! Hurrah! And to 'celebrate' this momentous occasion, I'm gonna blog about something that I like... A lot.

Heroes Season 2!

For those of you who don't already know, the first episode of Season 2 aired in the US on September the 24th. For us stuck here, it's really a sad story. Personally, I've to wait hours and sometimes days just to download, bit by bit, each episode as it comes out. So yeah, it's really a journey each week, to have to wait patiently just to watch an hour's worth of good stuff. But really, in the end it's worth all the wait...

So what do we have in this season? (Warning: Spoilers ahead!) Well, let's have a brief recap of Season 1 first. Last season, we saw different people around the globe suddenly developing super powers. Last season's focus were on characters like Peter Petrelli, Nathan Petrelli, Hiro Nakamura, Isaac Mendez, Matt Parkman, Mohinder, Claire Bennett, a whole bunch of other heroes, and the villain Sylar. Basically, everyone's trying to save the world from an explosion, which they thought would be set off by Sylar, but gave a twist when we discovered that Peter was the one who was gonna blow up New York. So then Nathan swoops in from the skies and flies Peter off into the sky and bang! Explosion. End of Season 1.

Now Season 2, so far there's been 4 episodes, and I finally caught up with all of them a few days ago. So what's going on? What's the new news? The scene opens with the Bennetts' relocation to Costa Verde - new home, new school, new job, new identity. Sylar has apparently lost all his powers, and Peter has lost his memory of who and what he is. And both of them are stuck in remote areas of the globe. Peter's in Ireland, and Sylar's somewhere in Mexico. Hiro, meanwhile, is stuck in 17th century Japan, trying to make the legendary Takezo Kensei the legend that he's supposed to be. Most of the heroes are somewhat estranged from their families and their old lives, and we also get to meet a whole bunch of new heroes. Can I say that they've also increased the number of good looking guys on the series? *grin* But on a more serious note, I must admit that I feel slightly disappointed with Season 2. I guess it's unavoidable, especially when a preceding season has been so fantastic, and the way I see it, that's how it is with Heroes. Because Season 1 was so good, Season 2 has so much to live up to, and somehow I feel Season 2 has kinda lost some of the explosion and that certain something that Season 1 really had. I just can't describe it, really. It's just something about Season 1 that kinda keeps you rooted to your seat, with bated breath, wondering what's gonna happen next. Not quite so with Season 2. At times I found it a little draggy... But I don't know, maybe it's just me. I admit I was kinda expecting something a little more breath-taking, and I guess that's why I'm somewhat disappointed. But I still really do love the show. It's simply the best show there is right now. And may I say that I just can't wait for Episode 5 to come out tomorrow? Teehee!

So like, anyway, here are some pics I took off the official Heroes website. And just some comments I thought I'd add to 'spice up' the pictures. LoL!






Poor Hiro got stuck in 17th century Japan... Funny how they didn't just shoot him on the spot. Wearing jeans was considered a crime in ancient Japan.









And they decided to do a few makeovers too. Mohinder got a haircut...













While Nathan grew a beard. I was really relieved when he shaved it all off an episode later...










Then, of course, they gave Claire a love interest in the form of her new classmate, West. I'm sure his ability to fly has absolutely nothing to do with their chemistry.





And here are two other new heroes introduced in Season 2, twins Maya and Alejandro. Don't worry. He actually looks much better after he cleans the mud off his face.


And that marks the end of this blog entry... It's been a long and fun journey blogging all this while, and here's hoping my readers don't die from Premature Boredom Syndrome...

Happy 100th Blog Entry to me!

Cheers!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I only get to watch a few ep. f Heroes(on astro) before coming back here. Haven't watch fr then till now. Sigh...

Did u know that the Heroes casts did a world tour recently? They went to Singapore but skipped Malaysia!

Btw, with regards to the previous post , I have an acoustic version of collide. Will put it up in the future ;-)

triShie said...

mmmmmmmm.......
what?
something happened?


....only 100?

LOL!!!

aiyarh!!
CONGRATS!!
here's to the next 100!!

*gasp!*

EScetera said...

Hi guys...

js: Hello there. Well I think you can actually ask around and you'll prolly find some friends who have the entire Season 1 on their laptops or external hard drives... And yes, I was quite sad that the cast didn't stop over in M'sia. Although they kinda split up their cast, so only a few Heroes came to S'pore, so too bad, like the fun isn't there lar... It'll be best if the whole cast did the tour together... And you actually know who Howie Day is?

triShie: Blergh to you! LoL! To the next 100? Sure you can stand ah? *grin*

Cheers you two!

triShie said...

i've been friends with you for more than 10 yrs now...what more could i not go through?

[grinz]

EScetera said...

Has it really been more than 10 years?

...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh!!!
Run for your lives!

*screams and faints*

Blergh.

triShie said...

yea, i noe...
it's a shocker, aint it?

its like...
wow
time to find new friends,aye?

zillion *bleurks* to you

EScetera said...

I don't need a zillion...

I just need one.

BLERGH!

triShie said...

right.
i forgot.
you can't count that high.
wahahahahah!!!

:: JOKE ::

"...sorry?"