It finally arrived last night. After hours (days!) of waiting on the couch and staring at the blank screen, the beautiful, vibrant colours finally made it to our beloved television screen. To hear those unfamiliar sounds, all those different accents, the lilts of the various voices... It's almost as if we never had normal TV* at all.
And for the first time in a long, long while, I couldn't even decide what I wanted to watch.
One of the first channels I flipped to was the AXN channel. This was at approximately 10 pm. Imagine my surprise when I saw that CSI:NY was up next. Then I hit the TV guide button, and it told me that the next programme after CSI:NY was CSI:Miami. Apparently it was CSI Supreme, where they have all three CSIs on back to back, only on Sundays. But no. I didn't stick to this channel. The temptations of the other channels were just too much.
So we scrolled through the channels and landed on the Asian Food Channel. Food! At night! It kinda took me about 10 minutes to snap myself out of staring at the screen. What are they trying to do? Don't they realize that showing food shows at night is just so wrong? Don't they realize how close I'm sitting to the kitchen?
So when 11 pm came around, I switched back to AXN, to watch CSI:Miami. All that food was just too much.
During one of the commercial breaks (so relatively short and rare as compared to normal TV), I decided to check out what other channels we had. Imagine my glee when I found the Star World channel. At long last! English sitcoms and serials the whole day long!
Imagine, also, the near-hysterical laughing I went into when I found the Animax channel. Cartoons 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! Here's your chance to spoil your inner child! The whole night sorta passed in a big blur of glee and amazement. I remember laughing so hard (I thought I sounded a bit like a mad scientist cum maniac) at one point when they showed the ads for Slam Dunk. And to think I actually wanted to buy the complete DVD boxset when I was in KL. Phew! No need for that, now there's Astro!
And at about 1 in the morning, I decided to watch the E! channel. All the entertainment news! Now I don't even need to spend a single sen on those rip-off entertainment magazines (outdated ones, might I add) you find at the news stands. It's all here, on Astro! What are they trying to do to me? Make me forget my assignments? Slack off and fail my exams? Stop blogging?
Aaaaaaaaarggghhhh! I think there's a conspiracy to make me fail my exams. Just too many things to watch! Too many channels, I just can't keep track! So I'm stopping my blogpost here. I've gotta go surf the Astro website and print out the programme listings.
Cheers from an ecstatic Couch Potato!
*Normal TV: From here on out, this phrase is used to refer to my pre-Astro days.
4 comments:
ppl having astro shud b banned to blog about it.
ps: something wrong with ur 'currently obsessed with' section......i dont see no astro there?
Oh ya hor...
I'm gonna pull a reverse 'now you see it, now you don't'!
LOL!!
dude, din get what u meant there...
i guess i'm just currently blur..
*see! i just left you an opening to bomb me back.
Post a Comment