Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Boleyn and the Chipmunks

No, that's not the name of a new show, or a new band. It's just shorter (and much sweeter) than saying "I watched The Other Boleyn Girl and Alvin and the Chipmunks two nights ago". Which I did.

The Other Boleyn Girl was pretty interesting, though I thought the two actresses (Scarlett and Natalie) should have switched their roles. The movie's basically about the entire Boleyn family, and how their greedy ambitions finally ruined them. Of course, the two Boleyn girls are the main characters, but then again, I think all that death and destruction should be shared equally amongst the entire family, excepting the mother and brother. For those of you who know the Anne Boleyn story, you know this movie is a period piece about ancient English times. No point spoiling the fun for you though, so I'll just say that Anne Boleyn's daughter became Queen Elizabeth. Wouldn't it be fun to flash a message on the cinema screen after this movie is over, saying something like "For the sequel of this movie, kindly proceed to watch Elizabeth, starring Cate Blanchett". Then at least the audience wouldn't be left with this horrible feeling of suspense.

I watched Alvin and the Chipmunks next, and I was quite disappointed with the way the chipmunks were drawn. But this was only at the start, and I kinda got used to their looks after a while. What I'm wondering though, is how they managed to change Jesse McCartney's voice to Theodore's? Maybe they forced the voice actors to inhale lots of helium gas before they recorded the movie. That would probably mean inhaling lots of helium gas, seeing how the movie's about an hour and a half long. It's a good plot though, as we get to see how the chipmunks ended up living with Dave. Jason Lee was pretty good, Alvin wasn't given as much screen time as in the cartoons. Here, the attention falls mainly on Theodore, who really is a very adorable chipmunk. Remember what I said about getting my own chipmunk? Well, even better if they can sing in three-part harmony.

Last night I finally got around to watching some Bleach episodes. About a year ago I started this addiction to Youtube, and most of my time was spent on watching Bleach. Then I grew some extra brain cells and came up with the bright idea of getting the episodes from my coursemates. I did, but I never managed to find the time to watch them, not until last night. So today, I'm going to continue watching more Bleach episodes. I think I'm in Season 4 now, but it's getting a little draggy. I think the previous seasons were more exciting, but we'll see how the season progresses. I've got such a long way to go to Season 8, but I'll try my best.

Well, that's it for today. I wanted to post this yesterday, but then somehow, in some strange way, I got sidetracked by the television. So here's an advice for all serious bloggers out there: trash your TV. As always, cheers!

4 comments:

triShie said...

i din really like the CG of the chipmunks.....i mean, i've seen better CG, but this one, made them look really, obviously CG. which, just disturbed my brain.....

ps: only NOW you watch the movie ah?

EScetera said...

Yeah, that's what I meant. It took me a while to get used to it. I still think LOTR takes the cake, cookie and carbonara for best CG ever.

P.P.S.: Yes, only now I got time to watch. Very kesian right?

triShie said...

trust u to put in carbonara..

EScetera said...

Cannot meh?