Wednesday, January 07, 2009

First week of lectures

Well, lectures here in university have officially started. I've only got three registered subjects this final semester, and one of it is my FYP, so that means I only need to attend classes for the other 2 subjects. I thought with this significant drop in the number of subjects I'd have more free time. In reality, that's what the whole lot of us thought. But no. Trust them to leave the hardest, most thought-provoking subjects to the very last. It's almost as if they wanted to watch us go mad and self-destruct just when we're so close to graduating. Already we've got approximately 7 assignments to worry about. I just wanna bury my head into the sand and cry. You can see almost everyone of us TESLians going around with this really dazed expression on our faces, like we can't believe it's really happening. You guys might think I'm exaggerating, but trust me, I'm not. So at the risk of making you depressed, I'll end my blogpost, right here and now. Cheers, I think.

6 comments:

triShie said...

i understand ur pain, essie!! they shud not give hard subjects esp. when fyp is already so big!!

it's ok, essie, my dear zombie-fied friend...i still woof you!!

EScetera said...

Yup yup. Mew.

lynn-w said...

heheh..i thought u're teaching d!

so, what subjects are you taking this final sem?

gambate!!! last sem d!

Lynnwei

EScetera said...

Hi Lynnwei. Oh no, not teaching yet. Well, we only have 3 subjects this final sem, and the FYP is one of them, so we only attend classes for 2 subjects:

1) Popular Culture and Literature
2) English for Specific Purposes

It sounds really relaxed and all, but my coursemates and I were horrified at the amount of work we're expected to do for just these 2 subjects. We were saying just recently that we might as well be taking an equivalent of 6 subjects, haha!

triShie said...

-_-

lynn-w said...

wow...are those 2 subj compulsory?

what's FYP??

Lynnwei