Monday, January 05, 2009

Ode to Hair

Three long years
lots of time
to know you
to love you
cherish you
treasure you.
Days may pass
quick and swift
but you were
always there
my constant
loyal friend.
You were there
through it all
thick and thin
wind and storm
rain and shine
always mine.
But the time
has come for
you to go
it's only
natural
your shedding
your falling
getting hard
to ignore
your resting
on the floor.
They say it's
hard to say
goodbye to
an old friend
but I'm glad
knowing you
will always
grow back though
it'll take a
few more years.
But that's fine
take your time
I don't mind
just come back
stronger and
darker and
longer and
I'll welcome
you back with
a great big
grin and smile.
But for now
I must say
sweet farewell
and so I
must bid you
sweet adieu.

1 comment:

triShie said...

you. cut. your. LONG. hair.