Well, not quite, but it was drizzling and there was quite a bit of wind. It was a very impromptu thing, just something Cynthia suggested while we were in class. So the four of us, being the steamboat enthusiasts that we are, agreed and proceeded to drive through the rain to get to our favourite hang-out spot. Right from the very beginning things were very exciting. For one, a bird flying through the area decided that Phek Hung's food looked really appetising, and decided to swoop in and snatch the food off the griller. Only thing was Phek Hung's portion of the griller was also coincidentally where the flame burnt the hottest, so the poor bird let out this enormous squeal that none of us had ever heard before, and all of us ended up choking down our laughter, which of course confirmed what the other diners had suspected all along - that here were a bunch of crazy lunatics just released from some mental asylum. You'd think that would be the highlight of the evening, but no, Angeline discovered that some of the other diners at the next table kept staring at our table. So for most of the evening after that, we were paranoid that the next table was trying to pick a fight with us. By the end of the evening, Cynthia declared our table the winner, simply because we ate more.As for me, I thoroughly enjoyed myself, even though I was suffering from a mini headache caused by lack of sleep. Surely a little headache wouldn't stand in the way of our tradition of visiting Hornbill Steamboat at the beginning and end of each semester, especially as this is our last semester as university students. When we've parted our own ways, I'll definitely miss our dinner adventures. There's nothing quite like getting bloated with a few good friends, and when you add in the risk of food poisoning, it's just too fun for words. Here's to more steamboating, people!
P.S. Due to my 'trusty' digital camera going bonkers on me, I'll be using my handphone to snap pictures from now on. So yes, I know I shouldn't be posting pictures that are blur/out of focus/not sharp, but I just can't stand the lack of pictures here, so just humour me will ya? End of P.S.
4 comments:
you laughed at the poor bird? it was hungry, bah!!!!! poor thing...
and hey, that pic from ur hp, it's NOT BAD!!! not bad at all...key thing is to have good lighting..same for my hp.
Yes, so we laughed at the poor bird. You really should have heard its shriek. Hilarious.
Yeah, this particular pic not so bad cos it was still quite bright. But still, it's not what I'd like you know?
yep yep..totally understand. we all desire for good pictures. me too...
Hey, talking about cameras. Any news of that elusive G10?
Post a Comment