Thursday, January 28, 2010

14 days to go!

Well, so it's been 16 days since I last blogged. Lazy lazy... It's so funny. The closer I get to leaving, the harder I try to cling on to every second of my Kuching life. Just the simplest of things make me happy: just hugging my blankets and enjoying the air-con breeze on my face, the smell of home-cooked food, the chirping of insects late at night, the sound of the rain outside my window on a cold night... Man, am I gonna miss home.

I'm still waiting for my accommodation arrangements to be fixed. I applied rather late (only after I received my scholarship), so I've been put on the waiting list of the residential college I'm applying to. This morning (Wednesday), the Director of that residential college called to give me a phone interview. She says I'll probably know whether I have a room or not within the next few days or so.

As the days drift closer towards my departure, I've been getting more invites to meet and hang out with friends. Just last night I was blessed with a wonderful dinner at a popular seafood centre - we had belachan midin, butter prawns with rock salt, steamed fish, and sweet crab cooked in butter and Ideal milk. I'm looking forward to this coming weekend too, when I get to hang out with some buddies of mine. It's moments like this that you eventually come to appreciate and remember. The last days before you leave to a new place usually fly by at an alarming rate and you might forget the details and stuff, but you never forget the faces and the friends.

Yesterday (Tuesday) I went to Saberkas to purchase another portable hard drive. My current one (its name's Maxtor, as it's a Maxtor) can only hold approximately 150 GB, and I've already cluttered it to such a point where I've got to delete old files to accommodate new ones. So we shopped around and I spotted one that boasted a capacity of 500 GB, a Transcend, and it was very reasonably priced, so now my new hard drive's called a Transcend. I'm not a very original name-giver when it comes to my electronic gadgets. So now I keep my 'serious' stuff on my Maxtor, and my 'not-so-serious', entertainment stuff on my Transcend (at least, that's the goal). I have more of an attachment to my Maxtor (don't ask) so I originally thought of keeping my fun stuff on it, but it's just too small to fit much, so I'll have to store them files in my Transcend.

So that's it for now. Cheers!

No comments: