Saturday, January 09, 2010

Laksa and Gu Bak Mee

I seem to be blogging more on food than anything else these days. It's not that I want to, it's just I don't have much else to blog about. In the past, a major part of my blogging used to centre on my university life, but as I'm not currently in school, there's really not much I can blog on that subject anymore. And of course, I'm not working either, so no point in blogging about that. Hence the recent increase in food commentaries.

So this morning I woke up late. Actually, scrap that, I wasn't late - I was just in time to go out for a nice lunch at our usual laksa place. As always, the laksa was good, very flavourful and just the right amount of spicy-ness (in my books this means your stomach should still be burning several hours after you've finished eating). It was quite salty, but that's just the way I like it. Had plenty of belachan to go with it too, although it was more salty than spicy.

I had a very leisurely afternoon, just slouched in front of the teevee, then read today's papers. I took a nap and woke up just in time for dinner. We went to 3rd Mile Bazaar, where at night they have these food stalls (I'm not sure if they have them in the morning, I doubt it though). I usually have kolo mee, but tonight I didn't feel very hungry, so I decided to go for gu bak mee, or beef noodles. Imagine my horror when the noodles came, the portions more generous than I've ever seen them. I couldn't finish eating, but again, that's only because I was still full from the laksa. I had a glass of kedondong juice too, but I found it rather diluted. Still, it was very refreshing.

So that's it from me today. Everyday seems to be following a similar pattern. I wake up late in the morning, sometimes at noon, then I have lunch, then I watch a little teevee and read the day's papers, then I take a nap, then it's time for dinner. My evenings are mostly spent watching teevee, but it's the nights I look forward to. At about midnight (or earlier if there's nothing good on teevee) I go online, check my email, blog (if I have something to say), and do the usual rounds of Facebook. Then my favourite part: I go offline and catch up on my Bleach anime. I've got a lot of catching up to do; I'm currently only on the 163rd (or 164th, I'm not too sure) episode. So after this, I'm gonna log off, and do what I like best - watch my anime!!!! Cheers!

No comments: