
We took a walk through Newtown but it was pretty bad weather what with the drizzle and the cold wind and all, so we ended our tour with a little stop at Max Brenner.
They crashed at my place for the night, and the next day we decided to have some Thai for lunch, so we headed back to Newtown and went to Thai La Ong where they were having their lunch specials (I think about AUD$6 or AUD$6.50 for a plate of whatever's on the special lunch menu). I had the fried rice with chicken, which wasn't quite as good as the one at Newtown Thai. At Thai La Ong though, we had free dessert, which was a little bowl of purple glutinous rice with coconut milk. Yummy yum yum.


After lunch I took Cynthia and Sulie for a tour of the campus. Lotsa pictures were taken at all the famous landmarks, and here's some of them:








At about 2 pm plus, we took a cab to Malaysian Hall in Randwick, and Cynthia and Sulie checked into their room. Then we took a bus back to Central (I was so amazed, I didn't cause all of us to get lost as I half expected after all!), and went to Paddy's Markets and then to Thai Kee IGA which is this supermarket that has Asian products and stuff. Then we went back to IH, and that night we went to the Night Market on campus, which apparently has something to do with the Verge Festival going on and all.










After that we went to Malacca Straits for dinner. As can be expected, I had the usual chicken laksa, while Cynthia had the nasi goreng and Sulie tried their chendol (or was it ais kacang?).


Cynthia and Sulie spent Saturday with their friend, so I only got to see them again on Sunday for dinner. I met them at Market City again (where Paddy's and Thai Kee are), and there was this little Japanese eatery called Kura which I've been meaning to try but never had the chance to cos it's apparently always full during lunch, so I was really happy to have dinner there. I had the chicken karaage with egg thingy, and it wasn't too bad, but I think Hikaru is prolly one of the best places to have Japanese cuisine.

And that was Cynthia and Sulie's little vacation to Sydney, cos they went home the next day. It was a fun- and food-filled weekend, and it was good to meet up with my fellow Sarawakians, although Cynthia and I kept saying how strange it was that we were here in Aussieland, especially since a year and a half ago all this was just mere speculation.
1 comment:
Esther, i like the pics u took...so preeettyyyyy....
yea, it's nice to meet up with u in Sydney..mission accomplished..haha..
wish i can do it again..maybe next time we will depart together from Msia to Sydney and definitely must go to Gold Coast (the place i call home at the moment..hehe)
Thank's for showing us around and the generous Esther V's hospitality..
I miss IGA Thai Kee and all the cheap food in Newtown..not forgetting, miss u too... =)
p.s: i updated my blog finally..
Post a Comment