One of the biggest perks of having a smartphone is its photo-taking abilities, and the photography apps that come with it. I have a few pet subjects I like taking pictures of, such as food (I take a lot of food pictures), my fingernails (I've been painting them a different shade each week, but sometimes I change shades fortnightly if I really like the current shade), nature stuff like flowers and textures and stuff like that. There's also the random shots that might make me crack up but have everyone else scratching their heads and looking around for an explanation. But one of my faves is taking pictures of the sky. Not necessarily the sky, but it's a series of shots I describe as "upwards". I think we spend so much time being consumed by what's around us, that sometimes we just forget to look up. (I like looking down at the ground too, but for purposes of this blogpost we'll just focus on looking up.)
Here are some of my fave shots, which I've previously uploaded on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. Figured I've got enough to start collecting them in a series. So this is "Upwards Part 1":
I'm a little bit frustrated with the color representation; these pictures look so much better on my mobile, but I'm guessing it's because of the Galaxy SII's Super AMOLED Plus display, which makes everything look heaps more pretty. They're still quite pretty here, but I feel they could be sharper and more brilliant, but oh well, that's what my Pentax is for.
More pictures to come in the future! We've only just begun, my trusty mobile sidekick and I! Cheers, y'all!








No comments:
Post a Comment