Friday, January 04, 2013

Goodbye 2012! Hello 2013!

A few years back, I used to end the old year and bring in the new with a summary of the past year's events. Here are the links to 2009 and 2007 and even *gasp* 2006! I'm not sure what happened to the other years though. I think I forgot/was lazy/depressed/busy/choose one. Anyway, before I procrastinate and it gets too late in the month to be appropriate, I decided I should do one for 2012. Looking back (and trying to exercise my memory banks), here's my 2012 in a glance:


In 2012, I discovered...
  • that I can eat rice with just sesame oil and seasoning
  • that I can really be a worrywart
  • that I don't read enough books
  • that Domo-kun still makes me smile
  • that I actually have a thing for dystopian fiction
  • that the child within is still strong
  • that learning a new language isn't difficult
  • Pinterest
  • that it takes a lot of guts to chop off your hair
  • that I don't have the guts to chop off my hair
  • that I don't have green thumbs
  • that baking a cake in a rice cooker is possible
  • Instagram
  • that you can't judge a K-actor from his looks or clothes
  • that homemade bagels rock
  • that homemade anything rocks
  • that I really shouldn't perm my hair anymore
  • mushi pan
  • that maybe I should have become a chef
  • Lee Hongki
  • FT Island
  • that potatoes make very cute pets
  • Cha Seung Won
  • the end of the Twilight series
  • the beginning of The Hobbit movies
  • that you're never too old to make new friends
  • that some of the most fun events emerge from last-minute plans
  • that your back muscles are very important
  • K-drama Withdrawal Syndrome
  • Easy Drink Easy Go milk tea
  • that I might have a morning coffee addiction
  • that I'm one of those who can be happy doing nothing
  • that doing nothing is doing something
  • that I still enjoy writing
  • that fairweather friends are not friends after all
  • the joy of 'sidewalk cafes'
  • the McChicken burger
  • Tumblr
  • the Year of Me
  • that I'm capable of screaming at the cinema screen
  • that I like zombie movies
  • that sheer determination will get you through a boring k-drama
  • that persimmon is good when you make it into a cake
  • Bon Iver
  • Qu Wanting
  • that I might be a closet hipster
  • that it's possible to play the guitar until your fingers turn purple
  • that people will always talk
  • that the trick to keeping your room clean is to not mess it up
  • that I still wanna learn the double bass
  • that certain food items are meant to be eaten with your hands
  • that 애교 can be really endearing
  • that Secret Garden can make me cry buckets
  • John Park
  • curry fried rice
  • that some people still think I'm 23 years old
  • that age shouldn't be an issue
  • the fishtail braid
  • that my sweatshirt is still the most comfy item in my closet

And that's it. It's been a great year, but it's time to say goodbye to 2012 and hello to 2013. Goodbye 2012! Hello 2013! And happy new year, people!

No comments: