Roast duck. But of course. You don't go to a roast duck specialist restaurant and not order roast duck. It's prolly even some sort of unspoken rule that you have to order duck. Kidding. But really, I'm pretty sure that's how it works. Like, you don't go to KFC and expect to have roast duck. No. For roast duck you go to a roast duck specialist, and for good juicy tender succulent roast duck you go to Imperial Duck. End of roast duck soliloquy. Moving on to the next dish...
... stirfried asparagus. This was pretty expensive, but I guess it's justified since the asparagus was prolly imported. This was alright. I prefer my asparagus minimalist style, i.e. blanched till just tender and accompanied with some garlic, and I found this particular dish a little overdone. Too many other ingredients fighting for centre stage. The prawns were really good though; not overcooked, still juicy and tasty and with that al dente crispiness that proves they've been cooked to perfection. Good prawns.
This was a surprise, as I wasn't expecting fish tonight. Cod with lotus flowers and black fungi. The first bite was quite amazing, all fishy and bursting with sesame oil goodness. The subsequent bites weren't as tasty, I don't know why. I don't like lotus flowers and I don't like black fungi, but I like this fish. It's not rough in texture and it doesn't stick to your teeth the way some fish do, if you know what I mean. Good fish. Adding cod to the list of fish I actually enjoy eating.
The deep fried tofu was good, though rather bland. It usually comes
My drink: milk tea. Tea not thick enough, but not too bad. Not overly sweet once you let the ice melt and dilute. Quite refreshing.
Satisfactory dinner, although more expensive than other restaurants. You could prolly have a really good spread at other restaurants for the same amount, although I suppose their roast duck is one of the better ones you can get in this town.
I still want my roast duck noodles though. Will return to try one day in the very near future. Hopefully.





No comments:
Post a Comment