Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Terrible assignment over! What a relief!

I don't think I've ever spent this much effort or time on a single assignment before, unless you count the play I did way back in the first semester of my freshman year. Man, that was a fun one to do. But anyway, the assignment that I've just completed (like about 2 days ago) took up approximately 4 days to complete. And by 4 days, I mean like several hours spent at one go just typing and tweaking stuff on my laptop. I had relatively little sleep these 4 days of assignment-doing, and I even had to move into my room in my college in UNIMAS to save time and discuss the assignment with my other groupmates. But in the end it all paid off. At 10.30 pm on Monday night, we sent it in to be printed out. And then me and 3 friends cum groupmates cum housemates cum coursemates had a pig-out-food-session at the nearby Siang Siang foodcourt. Man, did we eat that night. It was like the culmination of all the stress and hard work combined into one meal. Of course, it didn't help that the only meal we'd had the entire day was lunch. But yes, it's over, it really finally is. And I am relieved. It wasn't terrible in the sense of horrifying, but more like in terms of the effort and work we had to put in. But then again, some parties might tell me that's included in the life of a university student.

Other than assignment talk, I must also announce that I've finally moved back into my room in the college. It's funny here. I mean like, why would they call our accommodations building a 'college'? Correct me if I'm wrong (and I know I'm not) but don't they usually mean a place of tertiary studies when they use the word 'college'? Shouldn't they change the name to 'hostel', or 'block', or something else in that direction? I'm rather confused. But anyway, back to the topic at hand. Yes, after almost an entire semester of driving to and fro up the roads of Kuching to UNIMAS and all that, I have finally moved into my room. I only stayed for one night though. I'm currently back in my own house again, typing this out on the trusty computer downstairs. But I'll be moving back in again tomorrow. It's real convenient this way, not to mention a lot of fun if you've got great housemates and friends. Up here, it's like every meal is an adventure. We go food-hunting, looking for new spots or new foods. So far we've literally charted out the food hotspots in this area... I have a room all to myself, and I'll try to post some pictures up in the next entry, okay?

That's it for now.

Cheers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

soo....

UP there more fun la?

UP there is food heaven

UP there awesome people

UP there is where u belong

give me a ring if u feel like coming DOWN here

EScetera said...

ring ring...

ring ring...

ring ring...

RING RING!


"Ey...? No answer one?"


slams down the phone!