Monday, November 19, 2007

On pasta and double cheeseburgers

The long-and-eagerly-awaited holidays are finally here, and ironically enough, I think I might be more stressed out now than when I was in uni. There's just so many things to do, and I don't have enough time to do them all! I think Calvin (or Hobbes) summed it up best: "There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." Seriously, I have so many nothings to do! There's the late-night television programs, the Internet, I still need to clean up my room, play computer games, pack for the family trip, hang out with my buddies, read 19 more books... Argh! I just don't have enough time to do all these. I'm so stressed out.

I was really happy on Saturday night. I finally managed to have my double cheese carbonara for dinner, although it was a take-away dinner consumed only at 10 pm. But still, good stuff. I always pester (yes, I do believe that's the right word) my family and friends to go to this one stall in Peach Garden just so I can savour the culinary delights they have to offer. So far, the last three attempts to eat there have failed miserably. The first attempt was made together with my buddies triSh and Vivian, and they wanted to introduce me to this new stall also serving pasta, but I was determined to stick to my guns. I wanted my pasta from my stall, and I wanted it badly.

They weren't open.

The second attempt was made with my family. We frequent the area quite a bit, and I always have the same thing. So there I went, almost floating a few inches off the ground in anticipation of the delicious pasta dinner I was about to have.

They weren't open.

Saturday was my third attempt, and they were open. Only thing was, I wasn't there! Talk about situational irony... But I did tell my dad my dinner specifications, so I did manage to enjoy my double cheese carbonara (RM6, single cheese is RM5), although it was cold by the time I finally got to it. Sigh. Am currently impatiently counting down the days to my fourth (hopefully successful) attempt. Wanna wanna, triSh and Vivian?

Then last night, another of my culinary daydreams was fulfilled! I went to McDonald's! Weeeeeeee... Funny thing was last night was supposed to be my fourth attempt at having my pasta at Peach Garden, but we (triSh, Vivian, and I) ended up making a last minute detour to the welcoming arms of the Golden Arches... I ordered the double cheeseburger McValue Meal, which also came with a large Coke and large fries (upgrade!), and I succumbed to the temptations of TV advertisements and ordered a chocolate sundae. No chocolate though, so it was just plain ice-cream. So there we were, the three of us, sitting in the coldest corner of the restaurant, when I eagerly opened the wrappings of my double cheeseburger... Only to be rather disappointed. It was smaller and looked less appetizing than I remembered it. But oh well, it's still a double cheeseburger, and it's still from McDonald's, so yes I was quite contented. Chocolate for my ice-cream sundae would have made me happier I suppose. But yes, here are the pictures from my previous two dinners:

Double cheese carbonara... Slurp slurp.


Double cheeseburger looks good... When it's still in its wrapper.


Er... Yummy?


My chocolate sundae, sans chocolate.


Nothing like a large Coke to end dinner!



So there you have it... The lovely dinners I've had in the past two nights. Okay, that's it. Now I'm going back to Facebook-ing.

Cheers!

9 comments:

triShie said...

WE MADE THAT DETOUR COS YOU WANTED TO EAT MCDs!!!!

EScetera said...

Heehee... But it was a fun detour no? And it was a collective decision!

And we had fun!

Wait a minute...

Aren't you supposed to be studying?

triShie said...

i started my revision....
SO UNFAIR!!
everyone is on hols..
except we Swin kids...
UNFAIR!!!


and yeah, mcd's was good.

Anonymous said...

do they still have the quarter-pounder? wanted to have one when i was at jln. padungan but seems to be have been taken off the menu.

there's this burger outlet somewhere in KL. carl's junior i believe. rm20 upwards for a burger *shudders*

btw, ramli burger only rm3 semua taruh.

triShie said...

psst!!
a secret:
this is ur best post yet.
why?
cos my name appears so wonderfully-often...wahahahhaa!!!

joke.
i'm not vain.
how could i be?
when you've got the crown?

=D

..and yes, i will study. after this.

EScetera said...

triShie: Well, like I said, you guys start the semester later than the rest of us public uni students... So our holiday ends faster too!

js: Yeah, I noticed they took off the Quarter Pounder too at the 4th Mile branch... Why ah? LoL! 20 bucks for a burger? That's no burger - that's a museum artifact!

triShie (again): Just because your name is written what three times makes it a good post? Wow, I bet they're all really glad you're not on the panel of judges for the Academy Awards...

Muahahahahaha!

triShie said...

wahaha!!
i'll take that as a compliment





[bleurk!!!]

EScetera said...

Oh yeah, a 'compliment' alright...

I'm gonna 'compliment' you the next time I see you!

Sjs said...

) did you know how cheese was invented? It wasnt necessity, it was an accident, read this