Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Hair today, gone tomorrow!

Have you ever had one of those little secret dreams, the one where you don't tell anyone because you're rather shy about it, and where everyone around you goes kinda shocked and flabbergasted when they finally find out what it is because they think it's not something you would ever do, and then you kinda raise your head defiantly and say it might sound crazy but you're gonna do it anyway? Well, today I finally accomplished one of my little secret dreams.

I dyed my hair purple.

Shocked? Don't be. I just thought, what better way to symbolize my freedom from 4 gruelling years of lectures, assignments and exams, this historic exit from university, than to cut off my hair, right? All in all, I must have been at the hair place for 4 and a half hours: shampoo, cut, blowdry, straightening cream, shampoo, blowdry, straighten, more cream, shampoo, blowdry, dye, shampoo, treatment, blowdry, cut, all in that order. Or something to that effect. It was such a long and drawn-out process that I forgot the exact number of times they shampooed/blewdry/creamed my hair. In all honesty, I'm surprised my hair hasn't fried itself yet. It cost a bomb (to my limited coffers at least), but I must say it's worth every last cent. I showed them a picture from some hair magazine that I've had in my possession for the last few months, and told them I wanted my hair to look like that, and I must say they've got the exact purple shade I wanted. I was very particular about going to a hair salon that used the very brand advertised in the magazine, and I'm happy I brought along the magazine to show them what I wanted. In short, I'm happy. Very.

So what's left is to see the reactions of people when they next see me. As can be expected, I'm quite nervous. It's really quite drastic, this hair makeover thingy, and I know a lot of people will say it doesn't suit me or my 'image'. But really, I don't think I care anymore. It's my hair, and I can do whatever I want with it. And besides, if it's really that bad, they can close their eyes, or stay away from me, or just wait a few months till it's all grown out. But for now, I'm just gonna grin and say cheers!

3 comments:

triShie said...

why am i suddenly overtaken with nervousness?

EScetera said...

Why are you the one feeling nervous? I'm the one who should be sweating buckets!

triShie said...

i'm sure u look gorgeous lah!! looks like u'll be getting more phonecalls and stares from the opposite gender!! :)