Today was the first day of my first proper job. Okay, so it's actually yesterday, seeing how it's now three in the morning. So anyway, it was the first day of my first proper job. First day because it was the first time I'd entered the class and seen my students. First proper job because all the previous jobs I'd held previously couldn't really be considered actual jobs. I taught tuition for a couple of months while waiting to enter university four years back, but that was just to pass the time. I taught in a local public school for a couple of months during my teaching practice, but that was for assessment purposes. So really, you can say this is my first proper job, seeing how I intend to continue with it, at least for the remainder of this year. And yes, they're actually paying me for it. Currently, it's only part-time instruction for a couple of hours each week, but hey, at least it's a proper job.
This next one month will be a period of important decision-making for me. I'll be graduating in a month's time, and I suppose you can say that I have about this much time left to decide what I wanna do with my future. It's time to really list down all the various options available, and to really take a good hard look at my life, and attempt to analyze what I really want out of it. I know many will say teaching is the obvious path to take, but really I think I'm not ready for it. I still have so much to learn, to observe, to appreciate, before I feel ready to give back to the world, in a sense. To enter a working adult's life, in another sense. So yeah, it's crunch time. One month to make up my mind and follow my dreams.
What those are, I've yet to decide.
So for now, cheers.
1 comment:
whatever u decide on, essie, i got ur back...
Post a Comment