I've managed to accomplish a few things this past week. On Wednesday I decided it was about time I purchased my plane ticket, so we went all the way to the MAS office in town, only to find out that they had moved to the airport. So we drove all the way to the airport and got my plane ticket. I learnt a new thing: apparently buying a ticket from the counter is much more expensive than buying a ticket online (but we didn't dare, mainly because we were worried of technical glitches and all). Then the lady at the counter said I could carry an extra 10 kilos if I had a Grads card, which apparently can be made only at their branch in town.
So on Thursday, we drove out to town again. Made my card, and only then, after I'd bought my ticket, did the man at the counter said they have special student fares. I nearly screamed when I realized we could have saved about a thousand bucks, if I had had the card earlier, if they had somehow informed us at the ticketing counter that it would be cheaper with a card. Why didn't they? I guess that's not for me to know. But I know now, so next time I know what to do. The man at the counter (the one who processed my card) said I could carry an extra 15 kilos, and that we should go back to the airport to inform them about my new (and improved) status as a Grads card holder (which would entitle me to carry an additional 15 kilos, and of which I should inform the staff earlier so that they wouldn't give me any problems on the day of the actual flight) and so we drove all the way back to the airport, again. The man at the ticketing counter was very nice, I even managed to choose my seat. And then he said I could only carry an additional 10 kilos, not 15 as his colleague across town has informed us. Oh well. That extra 5 kilos would have been very useful.
Today (I mean Friday, I really have to learn to blog earlier, like when the time hasn't entered the hours of the next day!) my mom cooked fettucine, Asian-style, with Chinese sausage, green beans and prawns. This would be fantastic, really, except last night I'd cooked up another bowl of my handmade pasta with creamy garlic cheese sauce, so really it's ironic how much pasta I've eaten this past week. Ooooh, that extra 10 kilos the MAS people have so graciously given me will come in really handy now.
Cheers you all.
2 comments:
i like ur conclusion on the 10 kilos.... made me LOL and *choke*
LOL! Glad you got it! ;P
Post a Comment