Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Pizza at Leichhardt!

After you've stayed here at IH for 3 months, you start realizing that everything starts to taste pretty much the same. Okay, so maybe you don't need 3 months to come to that conclusion (it took me 3 weeks), and you get real sick and bored of the food here (more on this later) but anyway, some residents decided to go for pizza on Sunday evening, and they dragged me along with them.

I didn't know where we were going, so it was a good thing they knew. I hopped on a bus to Leichhardt (AUD$3.30 each way, so total AUD$6.60 spent on transportation), some area about 10-15 minutes away, and it was this kinda old-style (well actually everything here in Sydney looks old-style) neighbourhood place with shops and all, and we came across and arch that said "Italian Forum" or something like that, and we arrived at some square, and after about 5 minutes of standing around deciding where to eat, we found a nice place called Caesars. We chose to sat out in the open, under the cold night air, and the waiter guy lit up this thing that looked like a lamp post, and I suppose it was some heat-conducting thingy cos it went up in flames and burnt the metal red and I felt warmer.

Despite the cold (it's autumn, people!), it was actually real pleasant, except for the fact that a plane would pass overhead like every 15 minutes or so. Everything on the menu looked good, but I was kinda sick of pasta so I ordered a pepperoni pizza instead. And a Pepsi, cos they didn't have Coca-Cola down on the menu.

The pizza was the thin crust type, and sometimes it was quite tough on the teeth, but it was humongous, and all of us exchanged pizza slices with each other so we all got to try different flavours. Mine was tasty!!!! The others had pretty good pizzas as well, but I felt mine was the tastiest (you can't go wrong with a good old classic like pepperoni pizza!).

I hope to go back there again sometime. It's pretty expensive and all (pizza was AUD$19, drink was AUD$4), but it was really a great experience. And the pizza was good. So maybe I'll go back next time, but in the day, so maybe I can take better pictures of the area and all.

And to give you an idea of the kinda late dinners I have from Mondays to Thursdays, here's a series of pictures I've taken over the last few weeks of my cold unmicrowaved (cos I feel it tastes so much worse after you reheat everything up) meals. Full of carbo and high in fat, and mega large portions. Don't you just pity me?

Cheers, people!

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

i no longer have to eat campus food!!! yippee..
and Esther, where hv u been all this while? didnt see u dropping by at my blog =(

EScetera said...

Hey Cynthia! I've been having some problems with my internet quota, I keep going over the limit so have to wait days without being able to visit external sites! So now I have to be very careful with my megabytes! ;)