So last night started out great. I spent my evening watching this new Korean drama on tv2 called Spring Waltz, and then continued that with Wars of In-Laws. Then I switched stations, from the TV to the Internet, and I spent more or less the entire night doing my usual round: Facebook, Friendster, Multiply, my email account, Yahoo! and MSN messengers, and of course, Youtube (strictly for Bleach).
And then it hit me.
At about 2 in the morning, my stomache started to burn. It felt like acid was being poured into my intestines. Okay, so that's apparently what gastric is. Yes, I had gastric, or so I thought. So I did nothing, thinking it'll go away on its own. It didn't. I switched on the TV, watched some Malaysian Mandarin drama, and ate a bun, thinking maybe that would help alleviate my gastric. It didn't. So about 5 minutes after wolloping off the bun, I took 2 Actal tablets. It supposedly helps to relieve gastric, heartburn, blah blah blah. Instead of feeling better, I felt worse. I started feeling faint. And then the thought struck me. I wasn't suffering from gastric...
It was food poisoning!
This might sound strange, but I actually consider myself an expert on food poisoning. Now don't get me wrong, it's not like I go around town poisoning people with my food. No. When I claim expertise on food poisoning, it's because I've personally suffered more than enough food poisonings to recognise the sign and symptoms of it. In fact, I've gotten so used to food poisoning that I can usually recognise it within a few minutes of eating the 'poisoned' food. So last night was really a shocker for me. I had food poisoning like, 8 hours after dinner! That's why I didn't recognise it as food poisoning.
And that's why I ended up vomiting the contents of my dinner into the toilet bowl at 2.30 a.m. I ended up feeling like I was gonna drop down in a dead faint at any moment. Ended up going to sleep at 3 a.m., curled up like some injured animal about to puke out its own innards.
But yes, I'm fine now. After 11 hours of sleep, fine as any food poisoning survivor can be. And now I've learnt my lesson:
My stomache takes 8 hours to process whatever food I've eaten, good or bad.
Interesting...
And cheers!
2 comments:
why...
just...
why
do you SO often get food poisoning???
.....isn't it about time u checked that out?
I dunno either... I guess maybe since my appetite is so good, I have a higher probability of being exposed to more food, and thus a higher chance of being struck with food poisoning? Or maybe my stomache's just more sensitive than I thought it was... LoL!
Post a Comment