It's times like this that I feel like banging my head against the wall for not recharging the batteries for the digital camera earlier. Times where I get to see my debate teammates outside of debate practices, where we just hang loose and really enjoy ourselves. And the good food, of course.
We went to Italiano's in town, just to celebrate the culmination of the Yayasan Sarawak debate competition. It's been close to 2 months of preparation, and around 15 of us flooded the restaurant, making an awful amount of noise. We might have possibly driven away all other potential customers, but we sure had a lot of fun! I had something called fettucine al salmone, which was really pasta cooked in some sort of tomato gravy, with little slivers of salmon. Slivers. Yeah. Then of course, I had the customary Coca-Cola. Altogether that came to 23 bucks. Not bad, for the atmosphere and all, but next time I'll take the fusilli. Then we spent close to an hour trying to find another spot to 'migrate' to. We had actually set our minds to Bing!, but it was so packed with people (ala sardines) that we had to move off to Scoops, but what do you know, by the time we got there they were 5 minutes away from closing. So off we were to the Kuching International Airport for... Starbucks! I had their Chocolate Chip Frappucino (at least I think it was frappucino...) which came to about 17 bucks. We stayed there until about 1 in the morning. We made so much noise and were laughing so loud the whole time we were there that a few security officers in their blue uniforms actually came out and looked at us with that look. You know. The one that says we're juvenile delinquents with nowhere else to go at 1 in the morning. Oh yeah. We rock!
Sure had a lot of fun. Too bad about the batteries though... But it sure was fun seeing ourselves making the news on all 6 local dailies... And 5 with our pics! We love the newspapers now!
Thus endeth the YS 2007 debate journey... With a big bang!
Cheers!
4 comments:
juvenile delinquents
=p
LoL! You just enjoy picking out one word from my entire blog entry and harping on it eh? Better if it reflects some negative aspect about me right?
I know how your brain works!
Muahahahaha!
.......what brain?
Ooooooooooh!!!
That's the BEST joke yet!
Great one!
Post a Comment