I obviously wasn't using mine when I decided to hold the play rehearsals at night. I spent last Monday and Tuesday night directing Oedipus Rex from 8.30 p.m. to 11 p.m. By the time we ended my throat was parched, my voice hoarse, and my head aching. Plus, I couldn't return to the comforts of my very own room at home, but had to put up with the mosquitoes and overall strangeness of my room in college.
Not anymore!
Last night while I was trying to sleep (I only finally managed to sleep at about 3 a.m.), and while I was agonising over the need to spend another few nights up in university, it suddenly hit me. All of a sudden, the light bulb in my head went ding! Why was I torturing myself like this? I could just move all the night rehearsals to daytime! Save myself the trouble of staying up in college. And better still, this way my group members would be alert and mentally awake during rehearsals. And we could all use the few hours each night to actually work on our other assignments and presentations! People didn't have to rush through their dinners! People would be happier! Eureka! What a great idea, I thought, so I discussed it with my group this morning after our first class. So yes, I'm actually moving out of college faster than I thought. In the previous post I wrote that I would finally be rid of college on the 4th of October, but now, guess what? Muahahahaha! I'm not staying anymore! What a great day today has been! And so, now my group play rehearsals will be held only during the daytime. The only thing that really irritates me is this: Why oh why didn't I think of this earlier? As in, even before the first rehearsal started? Where has my brain been all this while? Where?
And I know I'm gonna get quite a few 'smart' comments to that. Fine. Bring it on.
Cheers!
4 comments:
i must refrain
i must refrain
i must refrain
i must refrain
...no, i'm not strong enough!!
what brain es?
LoL!
I knew it!
Was expecting it all along...
BLERGH!
good to know you know.
Good to know you know I know.
Post a Comment