The wonders of YouTube are really amazing... Suddenly, I can watch all sorts of video clips of things I would otherwise never have had the opportunity of watching. Yesterday (well, no, that would be 2 days ago, seeing how it's already 2 in the morning now) I spent a horrifying total of 8 hours surfing YouTube.
And now I am a YouTube addict.
You see, it all started (more or less lah) with this play project. I came with what I thought was a really grand idea, of having the Chorus in the play sing a cappella. Yes, what was I thinking? Seriously though, I really thought we could pull it off. I still think we might be able to pull it off. So anyway, I decided to go 'hunting' and 'researching' for some videos that could help me, and I so I checked out YouTube and started watching first one video, then two at one go. And that's how I stumbled upon the UC Men's Octet. Specifically, I'm referring to the Octet that performed during the Spring Show of 2003, a bunch of 7 fantastically talented young men who can sing! Man, can they sing! And their expressions! The whole bunch - they're incredibly talented! I was quite sad to see that there were only, like, 14 videos of them. It's not enough! I wanna watch more! Their harmonies are simply stunning, and they're always in perfect pitch! It's always fun to watch their videos, cause they use a lot of humour in their songs. And they dance too! The whole bunch of guys, they're just great! So if you've got some time to spare, and you wanna watch some really great videos of them, go to YouTube. Seriously, great stuff! And if you're really into a cappella music (like I currently am), you might wanna check out some other groups like the Beartones (they did a fantastic cover of I'll Be Your Crying Shoulder), and it's always fun to see how many different versions of The Lion Sleeps Tonight you can find.
And tonight (or rather yesterday night - 2 in the morning remember?) I discovered Riverdance. If it sounds familiar, it's because it's a really big thing. It's an Irish dance, and wow, watching the videos can be really addictive. How can they dance like that? So perfect, so in sync, so full of energy! I'm amazed, truly I am. It's a lot of tap dancing, but wow, like, this is the best tap dancing I've seen!
So what more is there for me to say? Nothing much, just two words really: GO WATCH!
Cheers!
7 comments:
yups...Riverdance is GGRREEEAATT!!
aunty pauline has orginal dvds of them, in case you're REALLY desperate to watch more...
we actually went to her place just to watch that, a few years back.
so, whens the play? you going to buy me a ticket and give me the best seat in the house? if i'm free, i could go video for you..??
wan?
ps:no promises. i lead a very boring life with boring assignments
oh well, would really want to watch the play...but then i'll only be in Kuching on 26th Oct, after Raya.
can reserved one copy of the video for me?? Well, if Trishie's service is well used. :)
Good luck yeah!!
P/s: As for youtube, didn't you see it's filled with explicit junks now? Hahaha...should have name it as youporn!
you can actually save videos from you tube and watch it again and again.
if you're using mozilla firefox, use the download helper so you can just right-click and save any youtube video you want. Of course, you need to download th download helper 1st.
About riverdance, I remember they came to KL a couple of years ago cause they had this whole commotion/promotion going on. Wonder when they're coming back again?
Hi guys!
triShie: *screams and falls over in a faint* Your aunt has the DVDs? You wanna see how desperate I am? LoL! Is Colin Dunne dancing in those DVDs? I prefer him over the other guy. The play is on the 4th of October. LoL! I don't think I need to buy ticket lar... I mean, like, you mean the director has to buy a ticket to go watch her own play? But yes, would love for you to come! And video! Yes yes yes yes! That'll be fantastic!
Keeman: Well, yeah, that's too bad. Actually I was hoping the play would be held a little later, just so we could have more time to practise and all, but they've all set the date. And yes, the people who actually post up videos on YouTube really need to take a class in labelling their videos. I type in a phrase in the search box and all sorts of non-related stuff pop up.
js: Yeah, I discovered the wonders of KeepVid just a couple of days ago. Now I'm like storing all the videos I like on to my laptop. Which inevitably brings me to another problem... I need more space! Prolly gonna get myself an external hard drive real soon... Heroes Season 2 will start at the end of this month, so yes, will need lotsa space to store each episode! Yeah, I remember all the publicity going round bout Riverdance. I was just too ignorant to know anything about it back then. What can I say... I'm one of those ketinggalan zaman people!
Muahahahahaha to you all!
Me wanna watch them sing! Me like watch people singing...! Me wanna watch your play! Me wanna hear u singing too!
Can? Can?
LoL!
Yes, Victoria! Would be glad to see you there at the play!
Remember:
OCTOBER 4th, 2007
hey finally, i saw Vic here. :) Been very busy with FYP eh??
It's no longer Fatal Year Project, it should be rightly named "F**ck Your Past-time" Hahahahaha.... :)
Sorry for the bad language...
Post a Comment